5. SPACEBALLS. The classic Star Wars parody. Haven’t seen it in decades.
4. PRINCESS BRIDE. Shockingly I didn’t see this until college, so I have no childhood nostalgia for it, but I appreciate that it is a classic children’s adventure.
3. LETHAL WEAPON. The first movie is too long, slow, and serious, but the germs of greatness are in there. Riggs and Murtaugh are the greatest buddy cop duo ever.
2. EVIL DEAD 2. One of the greatest horror/comedies of all time. The first movie is an indie classic but this improves it on every level. It’s funnier and more disturbing at the same time.
1. PREDATOR. One of the all time Ahnuld classics.
5. IRON EAGLE. I don’t know how it holds up but I loved this movie as a kid.
4. HIGHLANDER. Not exactly a classic but it’s withstood the test of time.
3. LABYRINTH. Another movie I didn’t see until college but I appreciate it.
2. STAR TREK VOYAGE HOME. I think it’s overrated but it is the best Trek movie for comedy.
1. ALIENS. One of the greatest action or sci-fi or horror movies ever made. A Cameron classic. The Special Edition is even better and gives Ripley a better storyarc.
5. THE GOONIES. Didn’t see it until college but it’s the definitive 80s children’s adventure.
4. LEGEND. Haven’t seen it in decades but I remember the producton design being astounding.
3. BACK TO THE FUTURE. The 50s storyline doesn’t do much for me but it’s still a comedy classic.
2. BRAZIL. One of my all time favorite artsy films.
1. MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME. My favorite of the originals and one of my favorite movies as a kid. Bartertown and Thunderdome are cinematic classics and the action scenes are incredible.