5. THE FUGITIVE. I recall this being a great action thriller.
4. LAST ACTION HERO. I actually hated this movie as a kid, but as an adult I appreciate how it is a parody of action movies.
3. DEMOLITION MAN. Classically ridiculous sci-fi action.
2. ARMY OF DARKNESS. This movie holds a special place in my heart. It is so hilarious and intentionally ridiculous while also being an epic period piece war film. Bruce Campbell’s greatest showing in anything.
1. JURASSIC PARK. One of the greatest movies ever made.
5. RESERVOIR DOGS. Tarentino’s first film is low budget but still engrossing.
4. ALIEN 3. A massive disappointment after Aliens on every level, but technically impressive.
3. LETHAL WEAPON 3. The weakest of the series but still hilarious.
2. ALADDIN. The second greatest Disney cartoon ever!
1. BATMAN RETURNS. This movie was huge when I was a kid, particularly since I don’t remember the original movie’s release. It’s full of classic Burton weirdness.
5. ROBIN HOOD. I loved this movie as a kid. Tons of great humor and action.
4. NINJA TURTLES 2. This was my all time favorite movie as a kid. The nostalgia is overpowering.
3. HOOK. A vastly underappreciated movie. Peak Spielberg with gorgeous production design, humor, and action. Dustin Hoffman was a fascinatingly ridiculous Captain Hook but I also found the abduction scene terrifying as a kid.
2. STAR TREK 6. My favorite Trek movie. Love the Cold War parallel. In addition to telling a vitally important turning point in Trek history, it also looks incredible and has great humor and character work.
1. TERMINATOR 2. One of the greatest action movies ever made. Perfection.